Monday, October 31, 2016

Katie Soccer Wrap-Up

Katie’s soccer season was our first fall sports season to wrap-up with her last game being played on October 13th – it may have been the most miserable game to watch weather wise.  It was raining so hard and the wind was killer – flipping umbrellas inside out every few minutes.  I didn’t bring any chairs to sit on for some reason so I stood there with Jason and Drew doing our best to angle the small umbrella we had to keep us dry.  We were so grateful when the final whistle was blown that we didn’t take any pictures, just grabbed a celebratory end of the season cupcake and hurried to the van to warm up.  I have a few pictures from earlier in the season, but honestly I missed half of her games because I had to run other kids to/from their various activities.  Once again, Carly stepped up as substitute soccer mom – often watching Drew at Katie’s games as well.

Katie loves playing soccer and is always excited to attend practice and games.  At her age they hold practices twice a week in August and then it’s only games twice a week for the rest of the season.

Katie continues to run around the field with a huge smile on her face and occasionally kicking the ball.  She’s not an aggressive player, which is a bit hard for this uber-competitive mom to watch sometimes.  She did manage to score a few goals during the season so that’s always really exciting for her.


Katie wore these old soccer socks of Carly’s for every single game – makes it easy to spot her.


The only team picture I have of the season – mom fail!


Maybe basketball will be more Katie’s thing, pass to me, pass to me!


The after game tunnel is always fun for the kiddos 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment