We look forward to raspberry season – we missed last year so
we were especially excited to pick raspberries this year. Justin and Abigail both had to work on
Saturday morning, July 7 so it was just me and the four youngers. We always go to Harvold Farms out in
Carnation because they have the biggest, most delicious berries I’ve ever
tasted.
Our little crew ended up picking over 22 pounds. That certainly wasn’t our intent, but
it’s so hard to walk away when there so much goodness to be had.
As with most fresh produce the trick is to get it all used,
eaten, or preserved before it starts to go bad. We snacked on berries all day and the kids even played a
little with them.
First thing was to replenish our depleted raspberry jam
stash.
Meanwhile Katie and Drew were loading up some baking sheets
for berries to freeze.
We had waffles for lunch… so yum!
And ice cream shakes…
Unfortunately the shakes were a bit disappointing, maybe
cheap ice cream? Or not enough sweet to offset the tartness of the berries?
As I looked for other recipes we could try I found a
delicious looking cake. Chocolate
mousse and fresh raspberries in between the layers, chocolate icing… um, yes
please! (recipe link: here)
It was delicious!
I’m already looking forward to fresh berries next summer. Once a year just isn’t often enough!











No comments:
Post a Comment