Jason’s birthday tends to fall right during our YW camp each
year. Last year I was with the
girls at camp so we celebrated before camp and I’m sure Justin took the kids
out for dinner after picking them up at the day camp they were attending that
week. This year I was home, but
just days away from leaving on our big vacation. So our low-key birthday was even more low-key this year.
We met up with Justin for lunch at Red Robin where both
Jason and I redeemed our free birthday meals. After lunch we had some errands to run as well as stopping
at a few places to redeem some additional coupons.
Dairy Queen for a free Dilly Bar
Cold Stone for a BOGO ice-cream treat
We went with the largest size with the understanding that
Jason and Katie would share one treat and I would share mine with Drew.
Jason asked if he could decorate his own cake this
year. Of course! He frosted it on his own and decided
what to put on top. He initially
thought he’d spell out “Happy BDay” but quickly realized he’d need to do some abbreviating.
Jason is such a great kid. Raising a son definitely makes me more anxious than raising
girls, but with a kid as awesome as Jason he makes it look easy. He is a great friend and treats others
so kindly (not so much to his siblings).
He tries to do his best even if it’s so hard to remember what exactly
he’s supposed to be doing sometimes {wink}. We are so, so grateful to have him in our family and are
excited to continue to watch him grow and develop into a wonderful young man.
Happy Birthday Bud!







No comments:
Post a Comment