Sunday, February 3, 2019

Drew’s First Soccer Season

Drew was thrilled to start playing soccer this fall.  He’s always been such a baller so we knew he’d love it and suspected that learning to play would come pretty naturally for him.  His first practice was August 23 and he played games twice a week from mid-September to mid-October. 

I felt a little tug on my heart strings as my “baby” went to his first ever sports practice

I loved watching him play because he enjoyed it so much.  He would do these little dance-like moves when he was waiting for the whistle to blow.  Pure joy on the field.


Drew scored often and became quite a strength to his team. 
   
SCORE! 
   
At this age the kids are often trying to get the ball from their own teammates

Drew’s coach was fantastic – one of the best coaches we’ve ever had.  He did such a great job teaching the kids and cheering them on as well.  The team name was Zombie, Sharks, Seahawks! – creative, no?


I’m looking forward to watching my boy play again next fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment