Saturday, October 17, 2020

Summer 2020 {Week 9: August 19 – 23}

Wednesday, August 19

 

An office day today catching up on mail, bills and inputting all the Utah receipts into QuickBooks – there were a lot of receipts!

 

Thursday, August 20

 

Jason and I played tennis this morning – it got warm quick.  I really love playing and hope we can figure out a way to keep playing in the fall – ideally by taking lessons.

 

Justin took this picture of Jason today – does he look bored or what? Ha!

I apparently had a night out with some ladies tonight, but it’s been so long I can’t remember anything about it.  

 

Friday, August 21

 

Jason slept in this morning until around 11am – which meant he woke up just in time for his lunch date.  He chose Maggiano’s again which I love, though I don’t necessarily love that he chooses expensive dining options.  Since we no longer have our BOGO free deal and Justin didn’t have any coupons in his email, I decided to join their email list so I could get a $10 off coupon to use today.  It was delicious, of course.  I feel badly for these businesses that are hurting so much due to COVID restrictions and ghost town like conditions since most businesses still have their employees working remotely.  

 

We had several errands to run while we were out and Jason tolerated them without complaint – though he claimed that running errands with me was going to fulfill his responsibilities of having to do any chores today.  I hadn’t been to the grocery store or Costco since getting home from Utah and we were pretty sparse on food.

 

Justin took Carly out for lunch today as well.  Our favorite local joint – Infusion where we do have a standing BOGO free coupon.

Saturday, August 22

 

I read my book this morning until Jason woke up and we went to play tennis.  Justin played A LOT of Carcassone with Katie and Drew this weekend.  When we got home from tennis Katie and Drew were practically begging to go hiking.  Neither Justin nor I were particularly excited about it, but how can you say no when you have two overeager kids?  So we headed out to hike Little Si.  I was a beautiful afternoon, the highs were in the low to mid 70’s and there weren’t many people on the trail.  


This is why I love summers in Seattle

I was glad to be back in our mountains but boy did I feel all the junk food I’ve been eating over the last two weeks of traveling.  The hike was much more tiring that it should have been for me.  I suppose I had also already played tennis this morning but regardless of the reason it was a good workout for me.

Justin and I tossed around the idea of a date night tonight, but I didn’t want to get fully ready after my shower and besides that I had my take-home meal from Maggiano’s still to eat and a book I wanted to finish.  So I read the night away and Justin and the kids played more Carcassone.

 

We got this picture from Tami today of our girls – fun to have them both at BYU.


Sunday, August 23

 

I started my morning catching up on last weeks Alma chapters and then after watching the Don’t Miss This video for this weeks chapters I read/listened to this week’s chapters in Helaman while I walked around the neighborhood.  Multi-tasking at it’s finest.  I covered the pride cycle with the family in our CFM lesson (PSRP - Pride, Suffer, Repent, Prosper) and talked about the importance of remembering and keeping Christ as our Rock.

 

 

Drew spent CFM sliding around on the floor and entertaining himself with a feather {insert eye roll}

 


I worked on getting some pictures edited from Sunriver.  I was completely caught up when we left for vacation and now I’m quite behind.  It’s been a busy few weeks!

 

Today was my friend Addy’s birthday and her husband invited a few of us ladies to drop by tonight to wish her a Happy Birthday.  Today also marks the one year anniversary of her mastectomy.  She found out last week that she is cancer-free which is awesome news! 

 

And picture of Abigail I took off her Instagram.  She got to attend church for the first time since March and was asked to speak.  Talk about jumping right on in!



  • COVID stats as of Sunday, August 23:  Confirmed cases in Washington state – 71,371 with 1,867 deaths.   USA total cases over 5.6 million with over 176k deaths.  Globally over 23 million cases and 809k deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment