Saturday, February 20, 2021

Hawaii {Day 0} – Arrival

Our flight was completely uneventful. Only small hiccup was that I’d packed some unfrozen ice blocks in Drew’s suitcase without thinking they would be considered liquid so they should have been in our checked bags.  So we lost those.  We were given a pre-clear wristband at the gate after showing them our QR code from our negative tests.  



It felt good to be traveling again.  I haven’t flown since last February when Justin and I traveled to Maui and they kids (except Abigail who flew home for Christmas) hadn’t flown since Costa Rica in December 2019. 



We each were on a row where the center seat was open so there was plenty of space. Abigail was the only one that shared a row with a stranger. 



Drew and I spotted several Amazon Prime planes – I had no idea they had their own fleet but I guess that makes sense.



It wasn’t a big deal at all to wear our masks throughout the flight and Alaska Airlines still offered us drinks and snacks. The kids enjoyed unlimited tech time during the six hour flight. Jason and Katie apparently played with the Nintendo most of that time while Drew watched a couple movies and played some games on my iPad.  



I was surprised to find that we were all required to be tested again for covid when we landed in Kona. Since we were in the back of the plane we were the last to get tested. This test was much less uncomfortable than any previous test that I’ve taken. They told us that no news was good news and if they were we didn’t hear from them within 24 hours that we were in the clear. After getting through all that we picked up our rental car and headed to our hotel to check in and get to bed. It was a late night with us getting to bed after 2am PST. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment