Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Priest Lake Girls Weekend [Jan 22 – 25]

I am always game for a weekend away with my girlfriends.  This is the third year Andrea has hosted a January weekend at her house in Priest Lake, Idaho.  It’s a solid six hour drive, but when you’re with friends and loaded with snacks the drive flies by.  We had intended on watching the second season of Virgin River (we watched the entire first season during last year’s trip); however, we had technical difficulties so instead we watched the Hunger Games series which was super fun.

 

Four of us went cross-country skiing on Saturday which was a blast.  I enjoy it so much and could have kept going even after two hours of skiing.  



I fell on the first downhill partially because I got spooked about the speed but also when you have your skis in the parallel tracks and try to point them inward to slow down that doesn’t go over very well.  It was smooth sailing from then on although I will say I am not comfortable going full speed ahead on the downhills.  I’ve become a cautious old lady and that’s ok.



I had been eating healthy-ish throughout the month of January – up until this weekend where I completely let loose. Kari took this picture of me eating a full-on after dinner sugar meal.  This was basically me all weekend.  My gut didn’t like me that first night, but it thankfully adjusted quickly. 


Our treat stash

So much fun chatting, snacking and sharing with these amazing ladies - time to head home… 



No comments:

Post a Comment