Monday [2/1]: I’m trying not to think too much about Hawaii, but it’s tough. I’m so ready for some fun in the sun so it will be super disappointing if we aren’t able to go for some reason. It was a busy, productive this morning at home which continued into the afternoon with running some errands with Jason. I decided this evening to try and start putting together a photo album for last year. That will be quite the process!
Tuesday [2/2]: I woke up when I heard the trash trucks on our street around 7:30am and couldn’t fall back to sleep so I started my day much earlier than normal. By noon I had studied scriptures, started two loads of laundry, listened to a podcast, chatted with friends on Marco Polo, logged a near four mile walk and showered. That felt good. The rest of the day/night I spent working on that 2020 album. I got a kick out of this text I got this afternoon from Abigail’s Kalli as they watched Morgan open up her mission call.
We chatted with Abigail tonight on FaceTime and she had a little fun with the filters while we chatted.
Wednesday [2/3]: The kids have short days on Wednesday so Katie and Drew were already ready for electronics at 10am. Ugh! Regulating tech-time is the worst Mom job! I encouraged them to find something else to do and thankfully, Katie pulled out her dot markers and that entertained them for a little while.
They also had some time outside this afternoon with the neighbors. It was a nice, dry day – even a little sunny today – which is a nice change. We decided not to play with them on Monday and Tuesday just to limit our exposure prior to getting tested. I figure if they were exposed today the likelihood of it showing up in our tests tomorrow morning are slim. The likelihood of exposure is super slim anyhow - they played outside the entire time.
Our tennis lessons lasted early 2 hours today – we’ll see how much we get charged for that. These lessons aren’t cheap but we really enjoy it. I was sure exhausted afterward though. I got together with some girlfriends tonight to celebrate Kari’s birthday. We watched Wild Mountain Thyme, a quirky movie together – fun times.
Thursday [2/4]: Our much anticipated COVID tests were this morning! We went with Walgreen’s who does the rapid test through drive-thru. You stay in your car and they pass test to you which you self-swab and then you pass it back through the window. I ended up doing the tests on everyone including myself. Poor Drew had to go first and he cried. I may have stuck that swab too far up my little guys nose. Justin teared up too though so maybe not. Ha!
By 10:45am we had negative results for FHACD and by 11:45am we had negative results for KJ so we are Hawaii bound! What a huge relief. We are all SO excited! Now we have two days to get ready for a trip we hoped for but didn’t necessarily plan for.
While we were anxiously awaiting KJ results KD and I played with some filters on my phone.
Friday [2/5]: Massive trip-prep day! I also fit in a workout and a pedicure. I tried a new local nail place and was pleasantly surprised – they were super friendly and slightly cheaper than my usual place that has raised their prices. I will definitely been returning the next time my feet will be seeing some sunshine. They had safety shields made from pvc pipe and plastic sheeting that they put between clients. Quite innovative.
We can check bags for free since we’re flying Alaska and we are taking full advantage of that – lots of snorkel gear, life jackets, hiking backpacks and shoes. We’ll be prepared for whatever comes our way!
Saturday [2/6]: I woke up at 5:30am this morning and knew I wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep so I got up and finished saving all my 2020 photos to my iPad in case I get around to working on that album while on vacation. I went back to bed at 8am and slept for a little while – hopefully long enough to have enough energy for our long day. Hawaii bound!






No comments:
Post a Comment