My Dad used the term “Hollyism” to describe things I said that didn’t quite make sense. Although, they always made perfect sense to me.
In our house we have “Carlyisms”. I really need to keep a notepad handy so I can write these things down. She cracks me up! Here are a few she said recently:
A recent prayer went something like this, “please bless that we didn’t run into anyone and crash their car and then take us somewhere.”
In our house we have “Carlyisms”. I really need to keep a notepad handy so I can write these things down. She cracks me up! Here are a few she said recently:
A recent prayer went something like this, “please bless that we didn’t run into anyone and crash their car and then take us somewhere.”
Carly: Can I have a bar?
Mom: A what??
Carly: From him who makes them (pointing to the picture of the Quaker man)
Mom: A what??
Carly: From him who makes them (pointing to the picture of the Quaker man)
This morning as I was feeding Jason some leftover baby food, Carly said, “If he finishes those two I want to give him chicken little dinner.” (chicken noodle)
Yesterday I was listening online to the popular song “Apoligize” by OneRepublic. The chorus repeats the lyrics “it’s too late to apologize”. In her adorable four-year-old voice Carly sang, “it’s too late for papa johns.” If you listen closely it really does sound close.
4 comments:
Oh, the funny things kids say! I should keep a book of all the random, funny things Chloe says and i'd have a novel. They are too funny.
Her singing that song is hilarious!! It really does sound like papa johns, she's right. Now I'll think of that every time I hear that song- too funny!
Her prayers are great too- those are the EXACT same things I pray for too... :)
...I still use the term, "Hollyism".
Hilarious. We have Connorisms in our home. Love the papa johns carlyism.
She does say the cutest things. I need to keep track of more of the cute things my kids say.
Post a Comment