Friday, May 2, 2008

Nine Months!

I know people say this all the time, but seriously, I can hardly believe my baby is already nine months old. I was holding him in front of my bathroom mirror today and he’s gotten so big. Today he had his checkup with the pediatrician. He currently weighs 21 lbs. 3.4 oz and measures 29 ½ inches long.

I mentioned that we had some "rough moments” last week between Jason having a cold and cutting his first tooth. Today the doctor noticed Jason has a lot of fluid in his ears. Apparently he may have also had an ear infection. As far as I know this is the first ear infection any of my kids has had, although I’m still unclear if Jason is getting over one or if he may be getting one. Anyhow, the Dr. said if he started to act cranky to call in and they’ll prescribe some antibiotics.

Other than that, Jason is doing really well. I was encouraged to give him some more tummy time. Jason still chooses not to roll over and doesn’t seem to have any desire to crawl, but he loves being on his feet.

I took this picture yesterday. I rarely see him sleeping. He always goes to bed awake and never falls asleep in my arms. I went into his room to wake him up so we could get the girls to swim lessons (oh, how I hate waking up a sleeping baby). He had his blanket up over his face and when I pulled it back he didn’t wake up. I couldn’t resist taking a few pictures. So sweet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so darling!! I'm so
glad you keep up your blog
so I can keep up with you
and the kids. Love, Mom

Chrystie said...

How sweet! I can't believe it has been 9 months already! Maybe he will be one of those babies that skip crawling and go straight to walking. Enjoy the immobility while you can I guess.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these great photos and moments with us. We wish we could see your kids in person more often! -The Gardners

Jenn said...

You guys really do have an adorable baby! I can't wait for Aubrey and Jason to have another playdate.

Post a Comment