Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Random

Cursed - (Genesis 3:17-18) “…cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles (weeds and mushrooms, too) shall it bring forth…” Our family spent Memorial Day outside. The girls played with neighbors and friends while Justin and I did yard work…. all day long. It amazes me how long it takes to weed our small yard. My legs are still sore from all the squatting. In the end it was worth all the hard work. My backyard makes me happy.

Does anyone know how to get rid of mushrooms??? I can’t seem to keep them away!


Bravery – Abigail had her first cavity filled yesterday. According to our dentist (he tends to be overly cheesy at times) “she is the best young patient he’s had in 28 years of dentistry.” I think he said the same thing when she went to the dentist for the first time on her 3rd birthday. They’ve always been able to take all the x-rays on both my girls. I’m not sure where they get their bravery from. I have a very low threshold for pain. The girls don’t even cry getting immunizations. By the time each of the girls went in for their two year check-ups they were brave enough to endure it without a tear.


Aliens – Stephenie Meyer released her first adult novel this month, “The Host” and I got my copy last week from the library. However, I didn’t want to start reading it before our camping trip. I wasn’t sure I could handle reading about aliens invading human bodies while sleeping outside in a tent. The five minutes around the campfire talking about bears was bad enough (and yes Chrystie, we do have bears in Seattle). So I started reading Saturday morning and finished yesterday. 619 pages in three days (with three kids) is fast for me. I obviously really enjoyed it and couldn’t put it down. Not as much action as the Twilight series, but well worth the read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats great that your kids have a high tolerance. Savanna shutters at the thought of doctors. She tells Jayden on a near daily basis that if he does this or that he'll "have to go to the doctor and they'll make him cry". Also, I just picked up the "The Host". We'll have to discuss, but probably not in 3 days....maybe 3 weeks.

Jackie said...

I'm glad the book was good. Can't wait to get it.

Post a Comment