As I suspected, Jason is allergic to nuts, eggs and dogs. The doctor only tested for a few of the most common allergens so in the future we may learn more… something to look forward to, huh? The doctor also recommends we avoid all fish products as well. So now I have to carry two Epipens around. Abigail has the same allergies (and more), but she has always been AWESOME about not eating anything without asking if it’s okay. Even at the age of two she was super careful. I’m not so sure Jason will have the self-control to turn down a delicious cookie. I have to be super vigilant in making sure that EVERYONE that could possibly give him food is aware that even the smallest amount of nut could send him into anaphylactic shock. No cake at birthday parties, no more cookies or chocolate treats, and he’ll never know the taste of peanut butter and other nutty delights.
When we got home Carly sat with Jason on the couch while I cooked lunch. He didn’t want to eat a thing; he just wanted to go to bed. Poor guy!

4 comments:
That's rough. Let's just hope both your kids out grow it.
What a bummer! Funny how they tend not to fall asleep when it's convenient for us.
Oh, Bummer! That totally stinks! I guess at least you have experience, but I feel so bad for the poor guy that he can never have peanut butter! What on earth would I do without it??? And peanut butter cups! And peanut butter M&Ms! And peanut butter Twixes! Hmmmm...i am hungry.
Ah darn. At least you have an idea of what to expect. I thought that Christmas picture was hilarious. Maybe you should just send it anyway... the kids still look cute and it's REALITY!
Post a Comment