Monday, May 4, 2009

New Wheels

Justin and the girls go on bike rides a lot. Sometimes they are gone for hours while I get left at home (usually I don’t mind). As Justin previously mentioned we recently decided it was time for me to get a bike.

My last bike – age 6
(Hey Bird, can you believe how little that tree is on the right)

The guy at REI basically only showed us one bike. Based on what I would be using it for (riding around with the kids) he thought it was the perfect bike for me. After explaining its features (which I still know nothing about) he told us they encourage customers to take it for a ride in the parking lot before making a purchase. I hesitated while Justin quickly told the employee to get me a helmet. I was nervous – butterflies in my stomach nervous. I hadn’t been on a bike for decades and this was a nice new one. I thought for sure I would fall, and even worse that I would fall in front of my kids. I was very cautious and to my surprise I didn’t fall, in fact I really enjoyed it. REI’s big anniversary sale started this past weekend and we picked up my new wheels on Saturday. Too bad it rained all day, but I did manage to take it for a spin around the block a few times – so much fun. Now all we need is a bike trailer for Jason (if anyone sees one at the community garage sale next weekend let us know).

Isn’t she a beauty?

3 comments:

Ben and Carrie said...

Very nice. Glad you got one. You will be a biking pro in no time, especially after you get a trailer on it and start getting a great workout pulling Jason! Congrats!

Bri said...

It really is cute! I have the same bike as the homeless guy that rides around 37th...sad I know!

Brenda said...

Wow. Awesome old picture, and goodness, what were you wearing? A swimsuit? Crazy small trees.

Post a Comment