We woke the kids up early on Friday only to find out that due to rough seas our arrival into Grand Cayman would be delayed over an hour and a half. We were disappointed we missed out on the extra sleep, but it gave us a chance to relax and catch up on a little homework. When we finally got ashore we headed out to stingray city on a fun catamaran.
The sunshine availed us again and the water was really choppy, but the stingrays were aplenty.
Justin and I were the only ones in our group that had been to stingray city before. There is a sandbar smack dab in the middle of the ocean so we were standing in water only 3-4 feet deep. The clouds didn’t keep the crowds away - look at how many people other excursions cram onto their boats.
The only thing that made me nervous was that the waves would lift you up off the ground and I always worried I would end up stepping on top of a stingray as I came back down.
After swimming with the stingrays we stopped near a reef for snorkeling. Our guide recommended that due to the rough water only experienced snorklers get in. Abigail had really been looking forward to snorkeling so Justin braved the waves and took her out. She thought it was awesome and I’m glad she got the opportunity to go out.
Jason however was CRUSHED that he couldn’t get back in the water and threw what may be the worst tantrum in my nearly eight years of parenting, but goes to show this kid LOVES the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment