.
I’m “nesting”
My to-do list is REALLY, really long
Which is a problem
While I have plenty of desire
I don’t have enough time
Or enough money
Or enough skill
Or enough energy
The result is feelings of stress and frustration
Over the past few days I tackled one of the many items on my before-baby-comes-to-do-list. Sorting through old clothing. Including each and every bin and box we’ve been storing in the garage. I knew it would be a big job, but wasn’t quite expecting to put in the 8-10 hours that it has taken. Typically I try and get rid of stuff we don’t need at the massive neighborhood garage sale in May, but this year it falls 2 weeks after my due date. While I’m not entirely confident I’ll be up for it this year, I’m going to do what I can to be prepared for it just in case.
It’s been fun to see some of the girls old baby clothes and hang up some of the things we will be able to use again, but it’s also been hard for me to go through Jason’s baby clothes. I feel quite certain we won’t have a need for any boy clothing ever again (yes, three years ago I was saying the same thing and look at where we are now). He had some really cute stuff that’s still in excellent condition and to sell it for a measly $2 is something I’m really struggling with. I don’t think it’s so much of a sentimental thing, I think it’s more of my being too frugal. Giving it all away for free does sound generous, but let’s face it, my cheap side overpowers my generous side 90% of the time.
Anyhow, everything has been gone through and I can check one task off my to-do list. However, you may be seeing our baby girl dressed in sweater vests and corduroys unless I can come to terms with letting go.
2 comments:
Oh man, I can totally relate to this. I'm not pregnant, but I defnitely still have nesting tendancies- I have a few unfished projects that I didn't get done before the twins came, and going through old clothes is one of them. I'll watch your kids and give you ice cream if you'll come over and go through all of mine for me... that would make it easier so I don't have to make any of the decisions.... Good for you for getting it done, though. What a big project that I am NOT looking forward too....
What's next on your list?
No hurry, Holly! I wasn't able to get rid of Noah's baby clothes until after I had Juliana! And that was 5 1/2 years! I gave 10 big bins of Annie's clothes away this past summer to two pregnant moms who were going through hard times- I think it was easier to part with them that way. If I had to watch people take them away from a garage sale one item at a time, I would have shed many tears:)!
Post a Comment