Sunday, July 29, 2012

07.29.12 - raspberries & random

I was hoping to get our last day of Sunriver posted today, but we decided to invite some friends over tonight to share our bounty of raspberry desserts – homemade raspberry ice-cream and raspberry cream pie with an Oreo crust.  Yum, yum.  We ended up visiting and playing games til late (no pictures of the friends or dessert).  Instead I’ll post a few pictures I love of Jason taken a few months ago.  I posted these on facebook, but they never made it to the blog.

We found him like this as we were heading upstairs for bed.

Ooh, and I gotta mention these delicious double chocolate waffles we had for breakfast this morning slathered in raspberry sauce.  Twenty pounds of raspberries is a lot.  I made three batches of jam, froze 4 large baking sheets of berries and we also enjoyed raspberry crisp one evening.  Would you believe that while camping Friday night we picked even more berries to add to our Dutch oven peach cobbler.   Who knew fruit could be so fattening!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment