My friend Kristen is moving next
week. This year seems to be the
year for moving. It seems like
we’ve said good-bye to so many dear friends moving out of the state. Our ward here has lost several families
recently and we have had friends from Auburn move as well. On Friday, July 20th, Kristen set up brunch at the Secret
Garden in Sumner with a few other friends from the book group she and I have
been attending for over seven years.
It’s no secret that I’m not very girly or sophisticated, but I loved the
atmosphere of this frilly, little restaurant.
It would be so fun to go back
sometime with my girls for a little “tea party”. The food was fantastic. I had my first ever quiche and loved it.
A friend in Auburn offered to
have my kids over while I enjoyed the kid-free socialization. By the time we got back to Snoqualmie
it was already after 2pm. We only
had a few hours to sneak in a nap for Katie before we had some old BYU friends
coming over for dinner.
The rainy weather kept us
indoors, but we had a great time catching up and the kids all played together
beautifully. We waited until 10pm
to gather the kids for a picture – not the wisest planning. This was the best I could get in the
few seconds all the kids were in one place.
Katie loved, loved, loved this
guy. They were the best of buds
all night long.
And the mothers that brought
these three families together.
We were all in the same singles
ward at BYU. Kiersten (far left)
was our Relief Society president and Diana (middle) was one of my five roommates.






1 comment:
I see several of those kids in my Primary when they come to visit Grandma!
Post a Comment