We discovered
last year that there's no need to travel out of our community on the 4th of
July to find fun festive activities. We had a relaxing morning at home, if I'm
remembering correctly Justin I didn't get out of bed till after 9:30am. We were
ready just in time to head to our community celebration. Each year the
community rents dozens of inflatable rides and toys for the residents to enjoy.
I assumed Katie would want to join her siblings and climb through all
the obstacles. I was wrong. She only went in a few feet, then when
faced with squeezing herself through this, she decided she was done.
Jason and Abigail running in the hamster balls
I was busy taking pictures of Abigail, Carly, and Jason who were all in
a ball at the same time that I didn’t even notice that Justin took a turn as
well. I only turned around in time
to see him getting out. It would
have been fun to see such a big guy running around in the middle of that little
ball.
All aboard the choo-choo train!
Jason’s pony was quite skittish – we’re lucky no one was injured in our walk around the parking lot.
Near the end of the event we tried to see if Katie would be interested
in going inside the Seseme Street inflatable. Success!
Jason went on the slide over, and over, and over…
There is also
plenty of food including snow cones, hot dogs, pizza, drinks, freshly made
doughnuts, and popcorn.
I didn’t realize until looking through these pictures on my computer
that I stood there and took a picture of Katie picking up popcorn off the dirty
street
And eating it
This girl LOVES water bottles these days and much prefers them over
sippy cups. She insists on holding
the lid though the entire time.
Some real estate company was making fresh donuts for anyone willing to
wait in a short line. They made
them right in front of you and gave you half a dozen hot, yummy donuts. Justin and I both decided we could be
very happy with our very own donut machine at home.
This moment –
Katie running to meet up with Jason at the slides – was one of those “awe”
moments for me. A perfect moment
of pure. carefree happiness. I so
love those moments in life.
It was a
beautiful, sunny day and the hours flew by.
We had just
enough time at home to recuperate before heading to our smaller neighborhood
party that afternoon. In the past year our neighborhood hasn't grown much but things
are really starting to pick up. Some families in the neighborhood decided to
put together a block party on the 4th. Since we've been isolated up on our hill
since we moved here we haven't had very many opportunities to get to know some
of the families in the neighborhood. This was our chance. Neither Justin nor I are very social or
comfortable hanging out with people we don't know, but we did our best and it
was fun to visit with some of the great families that live nearby. I think
about 25 family showed up for the BBQ. There was lots of food and even a bouncy
house for the kids to play in (which all the kids enjoyed, including Miss
Katie).
Once it got dark
enough we all reconvened at the empty lots up near our house for a grand
firework show. I couldn't believe the amount of fireworks the people in the
neighborhood bought for this event. These are the type of fireworks I grew up
watching at city sponsored events, it amazes me that here in Snoqualmie these
huge fireworks displays are happening on every street.
While we were waiting
for it to get dark enough for the big fireworks people let off some of the more
tame fireworks. Katie was really into it and enjoyed watching the fountains,
but once the big fireworks started she very quietly put the blanket over her
head and laid there, hidden and silent until the show was over. I felt bad for
her but I also thought it was absolutely adorable.



















No comments:
Post a Comment