Friday, September 7, 2012

End of Summer Summary

Phew! If you’re reading this you must have survived my lengthy Hong Kong posts – I had so much fun looking through all those pictures and while they were heavy on the journaling it was all done before I even got home and I figured it was easier to post it as it was written than spend time editing it.

Summer was over WAY too early – I seem to have missed August entirely.  (So much for not having ANYTHING going on this summer!)  School is back in session, soccer is in full swing, Justin’s busy season at work is upon us, we are busy and I am loving it.  I’ve spent the last few days trying to get the house back in order – the floors are vacuumed and mopped, two of the toilets are clean, and the laundry is finally under control.  

Just a few pictures to wrap up our summer…

Carly took a six week art class early in the summer that was taught by the girls’ piano teacher.  Carly looked forward to going each week and the end result…

Now to find the perfect place to hang it.

When Abigail and Carly were little we went to storytime at the library every single week – rarely did we ever miss it.  The librarian, Ms. Debbie, knew the girls well and they loved participating in all the fun activities.  Feeling a bit guilty, I took Jason and Katie to our local storytime a few times this summer.  The librarian is energetic and fun – now if only Jason and Katie would participate.


Would a summer in Seattle be complete without attending a Mariners game?  Our family went on Tuesday, July 31st on LDS Night when we could get discounted tickets and free t-shirts.  We bought tickets with several families in our ward which makes it even more fun.  Grandpa Fletcher came along too and we introduced him to CPK for a pre-game dinner. I didn’t want to bring my camera so we brought our old point-n-shoot and let the kids take the pictures.

It was during that game that I learned Brenda was serious about going to Hong Kong the following week.  After that life became even crazier than usual.  We still managed to squeeze in an afternoon with friends in Auburn though before I left.  I only took one picture and Jason appears to be pinned down by a cute little blond girl (maybe this little girl's mother can send me some of the other pics she took?) 


Just a few days after I got back from Hong Kong I read that the Auburn Drive-In was having free admission with a food donation.  A drive-in sounded like the perfect summer evening so we packed up some munchies and headed south.  The movies weren’t fabulous so we only stayed through the first, but it was the experience we were there to enjoy.  It was a fun night and I hope we do it again next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment