The girls headed back to school
on Wednesday, August 29th. Jason
got to stay home with me a little longer since the kindergartners didn’t start
til after Labor Day. I tell ya
summer break went by so fast, too fast.
We had an amazing summer, but I still feel like we didn’t have enough
time to fit in all that I would have wanted.
Taken just before school let out
for the summer – Abigail is somewhere in the orange section and Carly is in
green
Abigail couldn’t wait to go
school supply shopping when I got home from Hong Kong. She was so excited about getting
everything organized. I only had
one Saturday home to do all our preparing. In addition to purchasing all their supplies the girls each
got haircuts…
I only have a before picture
because we got home so late that night.
Carly hadn’t had her haircut since the last back to school haircut. Carly loves to have her hair done and
has learned to put it up or braid it herself which made me surprised by how
excited she was to have it chopped off.
I trim Abigail’s hair throughout the year, but her hair was probably the
longest it’s ever been. I’ve only
insisted on “doing” Abigail’s hair a handful of times this summer so 95% of the
time it looked just like that.
And here are my girls on their
first day of school.
We’ve had a few new families
move into the homes being built near us so we’ve gotten a bus stop a little closer
to our house and there are lots more kids to ride the bus with. This also means the kids have a normal
sized bus instead of the cute little bus they’ve rode on in previous years.
Both girls have teachers that
participate in team teaching. For
example, one teacher will teach writing and social studies while another
teacher teaches them math and science.
It works great for my girls and I like the idea that the teachers become
more specialized in certain subjects.
We’re eight days into this year
(though the girls missed last Friday so we could go camping over Labor Day
weekend) and both seem to be enjoying school so far. They both lucked out and even have a friend (or two) from
the neighborhood in their class.




No comments:
Post a Comment