Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hong Kong Day 9: Ladies Market – Hong Kong Temple

With Brenda on her way home, last night I moved from the couch in the front room to the twin bed in the second bedroom. With blackout curtains on the window I slept in til after 8am, when I woke up my Mom had already left for the mission office and Val was on his way out. I took my time getting ready and talked with my family back home before hitting the town. I decided to go back to the Ladies Market in Mong Kok to shop for souvenirs to bring home for the kids. I wasn't feeling well the night Brenda and my Mom went shopping there and went home to rest instead. It was a fun market and I felt like a ole' pro at bartering for a good price. I met up with my Mom that afternoon at the mission office so we could go to a session at the Hong Kong Temple together. It is such a beautiful building and I couldn't let an opportunity pass to spend a few hours in those sacred walls. 

We picked up Val who was working late in the office and decided he needed to experience CPK (who I am to object?). I'm relatively new to CPK as well and while many things on the menu looked delicious I had to stick with the waldorf salad. It tasted so great - not as good as state side, but I left my plate clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment