Saturday afternoon (December 1st) we decided to
check out the Bellevue Nativity at our stake center. It’s a huge production put on every year that brings in
visitors from all over the area. There are over 500
nativities displayed as well as a room full of artwork depicting the life of
Jesus, a children’s play area, live musical numbers, and nearly 200 Christmas
trees. The kids had a scavenger
list of figurines to look for as we browsed through the nativities. There was such a wide variety of
nativities from around the world.
We also took the opportunity to get our picture taken dressed up as a
Joseph, Mary, 2 wise (wo)men, 2 angels, and one sheppard boy. Abigail’s friend Shaila came with us.
My little angel girl
I had this post all ready a week ago, but I’ve been waiting
for them to post our family picture to Shutterfly so I could include it here,
but I’m tired of waiting for what may never happen. I should have just had them take a picture with my camera –
arrgh!
Afterward we ran a few errands – picked up $2 subs at Subway
(FYI: the 6” cold cut &
meatball subs are $2 all month) and then headed into Bellevue to check
Snowflake Lane off our annual Christmas festivity list. It was a rainless, relatively warm
Saturday night so it was crowded, but we managed to find a little spot to watch
the show.
The kids enjoyed the free suckers (twice) and had fun
watching the various characters walk by while we listened to the festive
drummers.
Justin kept teasing Katie that he was going to eat her sucker
On our way out we stopped into Macys and quickly found
Abigail a dress for her piano recital the next day and headed home. Nativity – check, Snowflake Lane –
check






1 comment:
What a sweet little angel! She looks a lot like Carly when she smiles.
Post a Comment