Being an off year from having a birthday party
Abigail got to choose something fun to do for her birthday instead (experiences
over stuff). I had a mani-pedi
groupon down in Kent that needed to be used so I proposed she come along and
get one too. She was happy to oblige. So the day before her birthday we
headed down to Kent right after school and got pampered. We’d passed CafĂ© Rio on the way so we
had to double back afterward and enjoy a yummy dinner. We also hit up Winco since we were in
the area and then I dropped her off at the church for youth just a few minutes
late.
Abigail was up bright and early on her birthday for
early morning seminary. I had a
cinnamon roll for her to enjoy and the birthday banner hanging from the
mantle. She was spoiled at school
by her friends. One friend woke up
at 5am so she could make Abigail brownies. Several posted “shout outs” on Instagram. I shared this picture on Instagram with
the following caption: 15 years
ago today I became a Mom and pretty much hit the jackpot #ilookterrible
#60lbsfor9lbs #pushedforhours #rippedtoshreads #worthit #bestjobever
Abigail went straight to the library with friends
after school to study for finals so Drew and I had plenty of time to finish up
her volleyball birthday cake and requested dinner of chicken biscuits. I also made a yummy corn dip as an
‘appetizer’.
Drew was happy to help clean up the frosting mess.
Gravity really isn’t my friend with these ball
cakes and I won’t be sad at all if I’m never asked to make another. The birthday girl (and her little
sidekick) loved it though so it was worth it.
Since Abigail and I went out the day before her
birthday she decided that Justin should be able to take her to Red Robin the day
after her birthday to redeem her birthday burger. She was pretty impressed that Justin also had a coupon for a
free meal so they walked out only paying for the tip.
Then on Saturday she got to go out shopping with
Grandma Fletcher. The girl loves
to shop so it was the perfect way to celebrate.
I truly do feel like the luckiest Mom to be blessed
with Abigail as my daughter. She
makes me look like I’m the awesomeist Mom and I’m so grateful she’s mine. Happy Birthday Abigail!





No comments:
Post a Comment