Our Halloween festivities started with Justin’s
work party on Wednesday, October 28.
I had a meeting that afternoon so I wasn’t able to go, but Justin
decided very last minute to pick up Jason and Katie from school, zip home to
get them dressed in costume and wake up Drew from his nap to take the three of them to the
party on his own.
Abigail was happy to help Katie sort her goodies
afterward.
We attended our ward Halloween party on Friday,
October 30.
Carly was so good about wanting to help Drew
participate in the cakewalk.
I’ve gotta explain Carly’s costume. I think we’ve firmly established that
I’m not one of those Mom’s that plans out elaborate costumes each year. I don’t want to buy anything new if we
can get by with what we already have.
My kids know that by now as well. Carly was fully resolved to dress up
as Dorothy for the third year in a row – there wasn’t any discussion or even a
request to do something new (honestly, I probably would have let her pick out
something new as Dorothy is getting a bit old). Anyhow, she had some friends dressing up as minions and she
decided to put together an evil minion costume completely on her own (with the
aid of my beloved maternity overalls).
Everything was her making and I couldn’t be more pleased with the
results. I love that she is
confident enough in herself to feel great about wearing it to school, the ward
party, and trick or treating.
Justin and I brought home a Batman costume that his
cousin Jayden had outgrown when we were in Utah.
My friend Camden gave us a mermaid costume for
Katie to wear. This might be the
first year we haven’t had someone wearing one of our Princess costumes.
And I think this is the last year Drew will fit in
one of our Disney costumes we purchased when Abigail was little :( - he went as Pooh Bee.
Abigail had two friends from school over to go
trick-or-treating with, but I made them wait until I’d gotten a picture of all
the kids before she took off.
It was a wet, wet year. Quite possibly the wettest we’ve ever experienced. I usually prefer to go out
trick-or-treating with the kids rather then handout candy at home, but this year was the pits. It was too windy
for an umbrella so everyone was dripping wet. I went up the right side of our street with Jason, Katie and
Drew then we headed back down to drop off Drew and Katie decided she was ready
to call it quits as well. Jason
and I joined up with a few girls his age during the night, but we only made it
up and down Ash Ave before he too was ready to call it a night – phew! The girls were each out with groups of
friends and since it was a Saturday night they hung out afterward so no
pictures of huge massive piles of candy from that night. I did get some rough statistics compiled
later though.
Abigail: 16.2 lbs, 526 pieces
Carly: 12.4 lbs, 499 pieces
Jason: 5.2 lbs, 182 pieces
Nothing from Katie and Drew as they had both downed most of their candy before I’d even gotten home with Jason.










No comments:
Post a Comment