Fall is a really tough time for us to try to do
anything together as a family.
Most weeknights are busy with various activities or sports and Saturdays
are soccer days. When I heard that
Abigail wouldn’t have youth on Tuesday, October 27 I decided that would be the
day we’d visit a pumpkin patch (even though Jason and Abigail would both be skipping practices). Our family doesn’t
actually care a lick about the pumpkins (we’re too cheap to buy them and I’d
just scored a nice big one at Katie’s field trip) – the kids wanted a corn
maze. We’ve enjoyed the corn mazes
at Spooner Farms over the years but I really wanted to find something
closer. When I couldn’t find any
as large or awesome as Spooner Farms, we decided we’d pick up the kids directly
from school and made the trek south.
A couple pictures for the sake of tradition…
I’ve just gotta mention the special bond that
Abigail has with her baby brother.
I could never have expected or hoped that my oldest would adore our
youngest as much as she does. So,
so grateful! I can’t get over how
cute these are!
The theme of the corn maze this year was “Passport
to Adventure”
We started off together in search of the various
country displays found throughout the maze.
But then the girls wanted to go off on their own
Drew
kept running back to Australia to see the crocodile
We finished after dark and the rest of the
activities had long since closed.
To be honest it was probably my least favorite maze the farm has done,
but the kids loved it and it was fun to spend the evening together. We collected our finisher prizes
(American flags with candy) and a little fudge for the road. So glad we were able to have a
enjoyable evening doing something fun and festive.

















No comments:
Post a Comment