If I’m going to use one of my ten precious “back-up
childcare” days I want to make sure it’s worth it and that I’m taking full
advantage of the option. Jason
wanted me to join him on his field trip to the fish hatchery on Wednesday,
October 7th – being Justin’s busy season at work I knew Justin wouldn’t be able
to help out so I booked a nanny for the day.
The night before I planned out my route.
That’s a minimum of 2 hrs 18 min of just driving –
and that’s based on the traffic at 10:24pm – which is MUCH different that
daytime traffic. I knew it would
be tight to hit everything.
Getting to Winco was fine, but driving up 167/405 to
get back toward Walmart and the Factoria Mall was a BEAST so I had to cut out
lunch at Chick-fil-a and a cupcake run – Boo!
Turns out Jason’s bus was over a half hour late to
the hatchery so I probably could have swung Chick-fil-A after all, but I’m not
one to take chances on being late so I was there when I was supposed to be.
There were tons of parent volunteers so I wasn’t
really needed. It was an
interesting tour though and I was glad to be there with Jason.
He wore red on purpose because the salmon get
excited when they see red.
Our tour guide was very entertaining. I always think of my Dad when I go on
these sorts of things. He was a
volunteer tour guide for years at the Hill Air Force Base museum and I’m sure
he was just as passionate and interested about planes as this lady was about
fish.
(That’s
Jason’s teacher Mr. Scourey in the plaid shirt and black vest)
After the field trip I went down to the kids
elementary school to volunteer in Katie’s classroom for a few hours. She was so excited to have me
there and I know her teacher appreciated the help.
From there I popped over to the middle school to
watch Abigail’s volleyball game (a future post). Always fun to watch my kids play.
Before heading home I ventured off in the backwoods
of Fall City to drop off my fabric for my office bench seat at an upholster and
then after 10 hours of running around it was time to head home to relieve the
nanny.






No comments:
Post a Comment