Thursday, December 24, 2015

Soccer Wrap Up for A, C, & J

Can I finally wrap up our 2015 fall soccer season???  Don’t get me wrong, I love watching my kids play soccer and I’m glad they enjoy it so much, but I’m grateful it’s just a 3.5 month season and then we can change it up, move onto different sports, and tone down our schedules a bit.  Abigail, Carly, and Jason were all scheduled to have their final games of the season on Saturday, November 14th.   Jason also had a mandatory basketball skills session, Carly an after season party and I had a Lakeland Hills reunion that evening.  It was a full day.

Abigail:

We had been told that Abigail’s team would be moving to Sunday games this year so it was a sweet surprise when we found out they would continue to play season games on Saturdays this year (and next).  Once again, Abigail had an incredible year scoring more than half of the team’s points for the season. 

Abigail usually takes the corner kicks 
   
So glad that she gets to play with one of her best friends 
   
High Fives! 
   
Abigail plays/runs with her hand flexed

Team Poison

Carly:

Another great season for Carly as well.  Her old team was dissolved and she and another teammate were placed on new team this year.

Carly requested to play defender again.  Her coach granted her wish but also liked her to play up on occasion. At her end of the season party her coach said his favorite memory of Carly was in the prior weeks game when playing defender she ran the ball all the way up the field, past the entire opposing team, and scored.  The girl totally has it in her.  Her coach also called Carly their Stopper and mentioned that she was the team’s top defender. There was a parent on our team that took photos throughout the season – without a great zoom lens myself I stopped even taking my camera and left it up to him. 

one of the few pictures I took was of one of her goals! 
   
wet, cold and still smiling – love the soccer ball on her shirt 


He even got a few of Carly’s cheer section:

   
notice Jason and Katie fighting over a ball

Guess no team picture?

Jason:

This was Jason’s first year playing in the big leagues – well, as “big” as the parks & rec program gets.  He had two practices per week and moved to having Saturday games. Jason’s favorite position was goalie.  I totally stress with him in front of the goal – he’s a good goalie, but it’s a stressful position for a mama!

This little move took down his opponent 
   
What the fields are lacking is more than made up for with the view at this location 
   

And I forgot to add this picture to Katie’s soccer post, but I think it’s too cute to skip.


That’s a soccer wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment