This time next week I will be in New York City - with my husband, without my kids (not even one)
We will visit with close friendsSee the Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Wicked on Broadway
While Justin spends two days in conferences I will
Wake up when I WANT
Go wherever I WANT
Shop as long as I WANT
Eat wherever I WANT
Doesn’t it sound splendid? I’m even looking forward to the six hour flight (no massive diaper bag, car seats to lug around, I can even watch a movie with earphones… I could even bring a book!)
As I was smooching on Jason today I’ll admit I was a little sad. I’m going to REALLY miss these kids. Jason hasn’t spent a night away from both of us EVER. Will he miss us too? Will it take him long to forgive me when I come home?
When we come home from our week-long trip we will get to enjoy Christmas.
Side Note: While defending her choice of decorating her Christmas tree with purple ornaments, my sister implied that her husband’s desire for red ornaments is boring. I’m quite certain she would place my white ornaments below the boring description. Oh, and let’s not forget that the entire bottom half of the tree is ornament-free… one of the joys of life with a toddler.
In two weeks I will get to spend two weeks with my kids (Justin even has a few days off too). We will enjoy lazy mornings and schedule-free days. I’m so excited. We’ll even tackle a few projects. Like maybe we’ll be able to open this cupboard without unleashing the tsunami that is craft central.
(While we're at it maybe we should clean the baseboards)
So much to look forward to… if only I could ignore that gargantuous to-do list that MUST get done before we leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment