Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Weekend

Holiday Festivities

I recently wrote about our serious lack of holiday traditions and festivities (see here). I’m pleased to report we are improving.

Friday night we picked up Justin from work and walked around the lights at the botanical gardens. It was unique in that the lights were created into flowers, plants, and butterflies.


Saturday morning was our church Christmas breakfast and our first opportunity to sit on Santa’s lap. Abigail went first and immediately recognized Santa as a member of the congregation so that ruined it for Carly as well. It didn’t stop Abigail from asking Santa for a Nintendo DS for Christmas. Last year her simple request was for $1.50 icebreakers… how did we jump up so much in just one year? Thankfully, Carly saved Santa some cash and asked for the $1.50 icebreakers.

On the way home Justin took the kids to see the real Santa at our neighborhood community center. I told him to take a picture of all three kids, even if Jason freaked out. He did.


Saturday night we put together our first ever gingerbread house (Justin received a kit for his birthday from work.)


A few Sundays ago Justin started what he then referred to as a “tradition” of having hot cocoa on Sunday evenings. I think this is our third week. The girls love it, but we’ve decided we may need to cut back on the cocoa.


Our Family Pianist

Justin’s Mom recently let us borrow her keyboard. Abigail desperately wanted to learn to play something so I figured out the keys to “I am a Child of God.” Within a half hour she had it memorized. She’s been asking me to record her playing for my Mom to watch on the blog. So here’s Abigail’s piano debut:


Just some pictures of J

The closer this trip gets the more I already miss him. Not that I won’t miss the girls, but it’s different… he’s my baby. If I could pack him in my suitcase and just take him out for snuggles and kisses every so often I would.



Playing peek-a-boo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to get that girl some
piano lessons!!!
Way to go Abigail! You did
great Carly! I am so proud of
both of you and so glad Mom can
video some special moments like
that for me! Love, Grandma

Post a Comment