Shortly after Justin and I officially started dating, he asked me if I would come up to Seattle to visit his parents during Christmas break. Of course I was nervous to meet the folks and worried that people would think things between us were pretty serious (we hadn’t even kissed at this point). Anyhow, as the weeks passed leading up to our trip to the Northwest our relationship did become serious. In fact it was in his parent’s living room, 10 years ago this very week that we decided to get engaged.
We ended up having to spend the majority of those few days at his parent’s house because of snow. His Dad told me over and over that it NEVER snows in Seattle. According to him it was a complete fluke.
As Justin neared graduation from BYU a few years later we thought about where we wanted to move to. His Dad (knowing I don’t hot temperatures and driving in snow) continued to sell us on Seattle by telling us that the summers were NEVER hot and that it NEVER snows.
We ended up having to spend the majority of those few days at his parent’s house because of snow. His Dad told me over and over that it NEVER snows in Seattle. According to him it was a complete fluke.
As Justin neared graduation from BYU a few years later we thought about where we wanted to move to. His Dad (knowing I don’t hot temperatures and driving in snow) continued to sell us on Seattle by telling us that the summers were NEVER hot and that it NEVER snows.
Well, we’ve been in the Northwest for almost 8 years and its snowed EVERY SINGLE year. I actually like the snow as long as I don’t have to go anywhere. It reminds me of home.


smaller.jpg)

Unfortunately, Seattle is completely unprepared for any amount of snow. Even a half an inch will close down the schools, everyone stays home from work, the city basically shuts down. School was closed last Thursday and Friday, church was cancelled yesterday, we’re staying at home and the kids are loving the white stuff.
I think this year we’ve received the most snow. Abigail measured nearly 12 inches this morning. Looks like we’ll be enjoying a white Christmas.
The girls found it a little difficult to get down the slide.
2 comments:
You spent several days cooped up with my family and decided to marry him anyway?!
Aubrey cried when I brought her in from playing out in our snow. I love that shot of Jason. Too cute!
Post a Comment