Friday, November 13, 2009

Catching up

Well, we’re back. It’s great to be home but there’s always so much to do when we return. I’ve cleaned out my email, unpacked all the suitcases, washed several loads of laundry, sorted through stacks of snail mail, and I’m in the process of updating our finances/bills in QuickBooks. Busy, busy. We had a great vacation and I will try to post some pictures over the weekend.

The kids are adjusting well to the time change. They were all in bed by 6:30 Wednesday night. Jason didn’t wake up til nearly 11am yesterday morning, and then proceeded to go down for a nap at a friends house an hour and a half later. When I came to pick him up he was still asleep… needless to say, I think our vacation wore him out.

Yesterday afternoon was my day to volunteer in the girl’s classrooms. As I was walking down the main hallway I noticed a bulletin board for the school reading program. Students in grades 2-5 read books and then take a test on them. Based on the difficulty of the book and the number of questions they get right they earn points. Each student has a goal they need to accomplish by year end. Abigail was listed as the #1 student in her grade for earning the most points and is tied for second for passing the most tests. I am so proud of Abigail’s accomplishments especially since this has been something she has done completely on her own. I know how lucky I am that she doesn’t need any outside motivation to always give everything her best effort. Way to go Abigail!


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Glad you guys made it back safe and sound. Congrats to Abigail!

Post a Comment