Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Freedom
Do you know there are people that actually enjoy working out? That blows my mind. I’ve spent the last two YEARS (nearly 28 months) forcing myself to go to the gym at least twice a week. Exercise had never been a part of my life up until that point. I can honestly say I’ve hated nearly every moment. Had it been free I never would have gone, but the fact that money was being deducted from my account each month the pressure of how to fit it into my week was always on my mind. What’s worse is that it did me very little good. My “baby weight” from Jason’s pregnancy came off slower than either of my two pregnancies before and I never even lost it all. Why would someone ever put forth that much effort to lose weight when they know full-well they will only gain it back again? I’ll give myself some slack because I didn’t think we’d brave another pregnancy. But here I am again, humongous (heavier than I’ve ever been at this point in any pregnancy) – despite the fact that I spent over two YEARS “getting in shape” and that I have continued to exercise throughout this pregnancy. All those hours, all that gas money, all the gym membership money wasted. Today is a bright day. As of today I no longer have a gym membership (technically I’m on medical leave due to my bad back). It’s been two years too long. I’m finally a free woman.
1 comment:
You make me laugh. It is strange how different we are on this one. If I could find the time, I would love to work out every single day. As soon as I finish blogging/screwing around, I am off to the basement to watch the Olympics from my elliptical :) Enjoy your time off!
Post a Comment