I love me a good girls night
out. The past several weeks have
been so busy and stressful for me that after the bike rodeo and kids sporting
events on Saturday, June 7th I needed to get out and relax. How cool is it that I’ve got some great
options for companions right in my own home?
In my opinion any good outing
requires good food. Our first stop
was CPK for my most favorite salad – The Waldorf! The girls shared a BBQ chicken pizza and I had a coupon for
a free spinach dip – so yum!
Next stop was the mall where
Abigail got her ears pierced. As
I’ve mentioned Abigail hasn’t been as committed to piano this past year as in previous
years so I used that as leverage.
For me to pay for her ear piercing (which is not cheap!), she needed to
fill out the chart below by earning 70 stickers. Each sticker was earned by practicing for 15 consecutive minutes. That’s 1050 minutes of practice – if
she practiced as much as her teacher wanted her to it would have only taken her
4-5 weeks to complete. It took Abigail
almost 11 weeks. Not as motivating
as I had hoped but it was a fun incentive.
The last picture of Abigail
without holes in her ears.
She looks a little nervous,
doesn’t she?
When I was growing up and
wanting to pierce my ears my Dad always said we didn’t need any more holes in
our head. Not sure how long I had
to wait, but I’m sure I was at least twelve, which is what we’ve told our
girls. Not sure if there’s much
logic to that, but isn’t most of parenting just winging it?
And after
Next we did a little shopping
at Old Navy – mainly just to pass the time so we could get ½ price donuts at
Krispy Kreme on the way home.
The brownie batter donuts they
are featuring right now are divine!






No comments:
Post a Comment