Spring is usually a pretty easy-going time of the year for
us. Not this year. The girls decided they both wanted to
play spring basketball and Jason is playing in his second baseball season. Which means we have practices during
the week and multiple games on Saturday.
Add to that all the busyness that comes with nearing the end of the
school year, a social life, and a couple more kiddos… Let’s look at yesterday for example.
** Important to note that Justin and Jason left for the ward
Father/Son’s campout Friday evening so I was flying solo til after noon…
8:30-10am Carly
Basketball Game (Downtown Snoqualmie)
9-10am Abigail
Basketball Game (Fall City)
(Thankfully,
this was changed last minute to a 5pm game, which she had to miss because she was babysitting)
9:45-2pm Carly
Birthday Party (Skate King in Bellevue)
12-3pm Abigail
Birthday Party (BBQ in Snoqualmie Ridge)
1:30-3pm Jason
Baseball Game (North Bend)
2-4pm Carly
Birthday Party (Si View Pool in North Bend)
4-10pm Date
Night with Friends (Federal Way & Auburn)
Once you add in travel times, being double booked in a few
instances, coordinating rides when it’s impossible to be in two places at the
same time, meals, a baby that takes two long naps everyday, etc.... Thankfully once Justin and I walked out
the door at 3:30pm we were off duty for the night and could enjoy a fun evening
with friends while the girls held down the fort – oh, once Carly got a ride
home from her second party that day.
It’s been a fun, albeit busy, month for our family. Justin played basketball with our ward
the last few months and his team took first place in the stake. They went on to play in regionals and
ended up placing second overall.
He was in primary until just recently so he’s really enjoyed getting a
chance to get to know some guys in the ward better. (Justin is now serving in the high priest presidency, which
in our ward is primarily older folks).
Justin’s also caught the family history bug. He’s done the work for his grandpa and
uncle and has spent hours and hours on the computer researching his ancestors
and has about 70 names ready for temple ordinances.
I’m a pretty independent woman and I definitely have some
introvert-ish tendencies; however, I really value time with friends, I think I
even ‘need’ it {gasp} – this month feels like I’ve had an abundance of amazing,
fun-filled experiences. First
there was Utah, with friends I’ve known for over a decade and that have
remained friends even though we all live in different cities and/or states
now. I’ve got some great friends
in our ward here too. Last week a
bunch of us went to the temple and dinner, earlier in the month a few of us
went to a Japanese karaoke club in Seattle and had a crazy, fun night! I still attend a book club here and in
Auburn each month. It’s all about
balance, right? And I feel like
I’ve got a good balance going on.
The three big kids are busy with sports, friends, birthday
parties and church activities and piano for the girls. The weather has been
wonderful. May has a reputation
for being nice and sunny getting us Seattleites excited for summer then June
tends to come in and put us in our place – reminding us that summer truly doesn’t
start here til after July 4th.
I’m sure we’re just getting a little teaser, but we’re enjoying it.
While in Utah my friends convinced me to start an instagram
account – I’m still trying to figure out when I’d rather post something there
over facebook, but anyhow… just a few of the pictures I posted to instagram
this month:
A huge bug that I fished
out of Drew’s mouth – still alive!
I first thought the trail of goo was saliva, but on further examination
it appears it may be bug guts – yuck!
Katie entertaining Drew
with my iPad while I was selling during our community garage sale mid-month
Justin took a few pictures while I was in Utah. He took the kids to XXX Burger one
evening for dinner.
Apparently Katie got out of bed one evening and fell asleep
on the stairs.
Our sister-in-law Cammy came into town for work mid-May. We were able to pick her up in Seattle
Sunday afternoon and spend a few hours with her at the house. Cammy is one of those people that
seem to get along with everyone – she’s especially good with my kids and they
love her (and not just cause she came bearing gifts). After the three youngest went to bed we stayed up and played
cards with the girls.
Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pictures while she was here, but I do
have a picture of our tally sheet.
Carly came in first with 111, followed by Justin at 119, Cammy at 137,
Abigail at 157, and me at 186. If
you take out the 50 point penalty I earned by listening to Cammy’s advice I
wouldn’t have lost to her.
Justin and the three oldest hiked up Little Si on Saturday,
May 24th. Katie really, really,
really wanted to go but Justin thought it best he check it out before taking
anyone with questionable ability (I think that includes me)
Thursday night we were double booked {shocker!}. Abigail had her final band concert for
the school year and Carly had her piano recital. We were disappointed that Abigail’s concert fell on the same
night as the piano recital.
Abigail used to take lessons from Kori and Kori had asked Abigail to
come as a former student and play one of her favorite songs – Waterfall by Jon
Schmidt (of The Piano Guys). Kori
is moving away this summer so our final recital with her. We’ve really loved her teaching our
girls and are nervous about the changes that will need to be made with her
leaving.
Carly played two arrangements. She was the very first performer of the evening playing, The
Spinning Song by Ellmenreich:
Her second song was, For the First Time in Forever from the
movie Frozen – here is the first half:
(Again, for some reason I’m not able to see any blog videos
on my iPad, phone, or computer so not sure if they are working for anyone else
either)
This afternoon Abigail had a piano recital as well. She played the following two pieces:
Doesn't she look so happy to be there? Since switching to the Chopin Academy this past year Abigail hasn’t been as passionate about piano as she has in past years. I have no idea if it’s the new teacher, the music she’s playing, or just her. Either way some changes might be taking place there.
Doesn't she look so happy to be there? Since switching to the Chopin Academy this past year Abigail hasn’t been as passionate about piano as she has in past years. I have no idea if it’s the new teacher, the music she’s playing, or just her. Either way some changes might be taking place there.
I hardly took any pictures of Drew all month! That’s a travesty! Just a few playing upstairs one morning
My attempt to get a picture of him wearing a fireman hat
with his fireman jammies
Snapped this next picture on Friday – doesn’t look like he’s too heartbroken
to have been left out of the father/son campout. I think next year he won’t be as understanding.
And lastly a couple pictures of Jason enjoying the giant
slip-n-slide at the father/son campout yesterday.
You’d never know that kid eats like a grown adult.
The next few weeks are
incredibly busy with the end of school year activities, field trips, and
sporting events. I’m also in
charge of a big tri-ward service project.
I keep thinking I just gotta get through _______ (the next big event)
then I can think about ________ (the following big event). Just a few more weeks then we should be
enjoying some lazy summer days!
Just gotta get through ________...
















1 comment:
Your girls play the piano beautifully! (The videos worked for me, fyi - not sure if it's been fixed, or if it's just me!) And hopefully June isn't as dreary as usual, I'm enjoying this nice weather too much!
Post a Comment