I thought it best to combine the latest pictures of Drew
into one post. We absolutely adore
this kid. He is quick to cause
mischief and keeps us on our toes, but Oh my! he makes up for all his trouble 100 times over with is
adorable expressions, contagious smiles, and hugs and kisses.
Drew continues to love balls – he has an amazing arm and can
throw a ball hard and fast – keep your eyes on that kid! He also loves shooting baskets in our small
hoop in the playroom. Besides
balls he doesn’t stick with any toy for very long - though he has recently
become more interested in books.
Drew squeals with excitement anytime he hears the TV turn
on. The kid likes shows –
particularly Mickey Mouse and our Baby Einstein DVD.
Balloons are a close enough cousin to balls and Drew loves
to play with them.
Drew loves baths and showers. He has no problem getting water in his eyes and is all
smiles until we pull him out and try to dry him off.
He’s been doing this funny thing at the end of a bath where
he’ll lay his face down on the bottom of the tub and try to suck up any last
drop of water. Yum, yum.
Drew started speech therapy at the end of last year. We only do it twice a month and I'm not sure yet how beneficial it is for him, but we’re giving it a
try. When Jason was in speech at
this age the therapist worked one-on-one while I observed – things are different
with Drew in that I work (i.e. play) with him and the therapist watches and
offers advice or tips. It’s
definitely a different approach.
As far as words are concerned Drew now has “ma” for me and a
few signs (more, drink, please), one of the newest “signs” is that he will
shake his head for “no” which is actually a welcome addition. He will say “ba” for ball if prompted
and he pats his backside when he has a messy diaper. Besides that it’s mostly just basic sounds and
pointing. He does have a few animal
sounds. Drew gets very excited when he sees any animal. We kept our Christmas cards up until
Valentines Day and Drew loved to point to the dogs in the photos and growl.
I watched a friend’s baby girl a few weeks ago and Drew was fascinated
with any movement or sound she made.
My older kids have more experience with little kids and
babies than most kids would ever have at their age. Funny to think that Drew will have the complete opposite experience
growing up. Having any younger
kids around will be bizarre and unfamiliar to him.
Another sure sign that my baby is growing up is that instead
of sitting in the stroller while we walk Katie to/from preschool he prefers to
walk. I’ve gotta adjust my timing and realize that it will take at least twice as long to get around the block
with Drew toddling behind. He
stops to watch any bird or plane.
He wants to stop and touch everything
The kid LOVES to be outside.
There’s a timeline of Jason’s hanging in the boys room. It’s a few years old, but everyone (minus
Drew) is pictured on it somewhere.
Drew likes to point at the pictures of his family and hear us say each
of their names. You can see he’s
also tried to pull it off the wall a few too many times.
Such a silly kid!
Early this week I was taking a picture of the orange glow cast
onto my front door from our newly painted office wall. Drew saw what I was doing and sat
himself right in front of me and smiled.
It’s these moments I realize how much I’m going to miss having little
ones.
These kids are growing up too fast!!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment