We recently started watching the second season of Masterchef
Junior as a family. The third
season is actually already airing so we’re quite behind. Contestants are between the ages of
8-13 and it’s AMAZING what they can do with food. Justin and I look around at our three kiddos that fall
within that age range and realize that our kids could help in the kitchen much
more than they do. The girls actually
really enjoy baking. They help me
prepare dinner on occasion and even have a few easy meals they can make, but
they really should be comfortable doing more. Last week Justin tried to teach Abigail how to make paella
and was so frustrated with her unwillingness to properly trim a raw chicken breast that
she was sent away without dinner. Jason
and Katie love to help in the kitchen – typically their tasks include chopping
veggies and using the hand mixer.
Yesterday Jason was Justin’s kitchen helper. Pretty sure this was his first time using the can opener – we have a long way to go.
What I also love about this picture is that Katie is right there along
side Jason in our typical Sunday attire (PJs). The two are buddies and she wanted to be helping with dinner
just as much as her big brother. Having
Justin’s work laptop out is the norm these days – he’s an indexing madman. He and Carly indexed for hours
yesterday. Me? I took the indexing introductory course
yesterday, but haven’t index a thing. I figure I'm working on our current family history, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment