Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 16 [ground breaking]

When I dismissed the thought to grab a drink for Drew on the way out the door yesterday I was asking for disappointment.  Leaving the house at 1pm, smack during his usual naptime is chancy even with proper provisions. I thought it would be fun to attend the groundbreaking ceremony for the new elementary school being built in our neighborhood.  I wanted a picture of my two happy kiddos standing in front of the wooded site that may be their future school.  I hoped that although the ceremony would be primarily attended by city and school officials that it would be brief and somewhat exciting for my two youngest.  I expected the same treats and drinks provided at last year’s groundbreaking ceremony for our neighborhood park – I was sadly wrong on all accounts.  We lasted about 20 minutes before Drew became increasing frustrated that I was ignoring his clear sign for a drink and we had to leave.  I didn’t get the picture that I’d hoped for, just this one…

No comments:

Post a Comment