Monday, March 23, 2015

March 22 [the wishbone]

For four months I’ve had a turkey furcula sitting in the pot of my kitchen plant.


My Mom placed the wishbone in the plant after Thanksgiving dinner so I wouldn’t forget about it.  It’s not that I haven’t noticed it on occasion over these past few months, but it wasn’t until yesterday that we finally did something about it.  My kids were completely unfamiliar with the old tradition of pulling it apart.  However, once explained Jason was gung-ho about participating and Abigail agreed.  


It was close but Abigail was left with the largest piece of bone and declared the winner – which I believe means she gets her wish granted?  Hum, wonder what she would have wished for.  I’d ask, but then I guess it wouldn’t come true.


Yep, that’s Masterchef Jr. in the background – we’re finally at the finale from last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment