Thursday, January 17, 2019

European Vacation {Day 22} – Iceland: Blue Lagoon & HOME

Another early morning for us.  We had a 9am reservation at the Blue Lagoon and needed to be out of the house by 7:30am packed and ready to head home.  The Blue Lagoon was a great end of the vacation experience. 


We enjoyed the geothermal pools for nearly three hours.  I’m not normally a big hot tub going girl, but I found the pools quite relaxing. 


Jason and Justin lasted about 0.005 seconds in the sauna.

It looks like Justin is snorting water out of his nose here, but thankfully not so.

Our admission included a free drink and a face mask which was fun (and slightly creepy) and left us feeling clean and refreshed.  The silica in the water left our hair pretty nasty so that wasn't quite as fresh and clean a feeling.


After we'd cleaned up and gotten dressed we stopped at Dominos for lunch before heading to the airport for our long flight home.  Our flight left Iceland at 5pm and arrived in Seattle at 5:45pm - I wish it really was only a 45 minute flight.  We didn’t have any problem sleeping well that night after being awake for 21 hours.  Apparently a few of us caught a few zzz’s on the flight home.  


No time for jet lag.  Abigail and Carly had volleyball tryouts for the high school teams early the next morning and needed to muster up energy all day everyday that week.

So many fun memories and amazing experiences! The more I see of the world the more I need to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment