To be honest I don’t remember much about the first day of
school {it’s already been almost FIVE months!}. I asked Jason what he remembers and he thinks I may have
made breakfast that morning. Not
sure that actually happened, but it sounds like a wonderful motherly thing to
do so lets go with that. I do know
I woke up early and saw Carly and Jason off. I figure one morning a year is the least I could do.
Four out of our five kiddos moved up to new schools this
year so lots of big changes all around.
Friends picked up Carly so she could avoid the bus. She has early morning seminary Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri mornings but seminary didn’t start until after Labor Day. Carly is a freshman this year and gets to attend a freshman only campus while our new high school is under construction.
Friends picked up Carly so she could avoid the bus. She has early morning seminary Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri mornings but seminary didn’t start until after Labor Day. Carly is a freshman this year and gets to attend a freshman only campus while our new high school is under construction.
Jason is back on a bus as our only middle-schooler. I was concerned about Jason entering
middle school this year. I wasn’t
sure how on top of his school work he would be. I had serious doubts he would be able to get himself up each
morning on his own and not wake up Drew in the process. We got him an alarm clock and he’s done
awesome! He’s only missed the bus
twice all year (were in January at this point and his second occurrence was
just this week when he got distracted reading a book in the morning – what a hooligan,
right?)
Katie is the only kiddo that didn’t change schools this
year. She was thrilled that her
best buddy Sarah is in her class again.
She loves her teacher and is doing awesome.








No comments:
Post a Comment