Friday, January 18, 2019

Summer 2018 Wrap-Up

As mentioned the girls jumped right into volleyball tryouts the morning after we got home from Europe.  Tryouts are pretty intense and take up most of the days/evening.  We had only a week and a half before school started so there were dental appts, back to school orientations, well-child checkups, etc…

Jason met up with some friends at a park one afternoon.  Strange that these boys were all heading off to middle school in only a matter of days.


I got our first oil change on the my car since we had a free coupon at the Acura dealership.  I didn’t make an appointment, which resulted in a long wait in the waiting room.   Thankfully, they provided lots of yummy treats to enjoy while I watched something on my phone to pass the time.


We only had time for one lunch date per kiddo this summer {hello, three weeks in Europe!} – Drew still hadn’t had his so we squeezed it on the last day before school started.  We invited his neighbor buddy Cooper to join us at Red Robin.  It was so fun to see Drew interacting with his little friend.  They played together a lot outside during the summer, but being one-on-one was new at this point.  My baby is growing up!


We had to rush back from lunch so Katie and I could make it to her Meet the Teacher event at the elementary school. 


 Drew got to spend a few minutes meeting his teacher as well.


Carly, Jason and Katie started school on Wednesday, August 29th {separate post to come} – the kindergarten kiddos didn’t start school until after Labor Day weekend, on Tuesday, September 4th.  Drew and I had one last full day together. Everything Drew did that day was adorable.  I couldn’t get enough of him.  He chattered non-stop as we drove around running errands, he sweet little voice, the way he wanted to push the shopping cart in every store… I’m going to miss my little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment