I was on my own today and started out my morning at Astro Doughnuts – unfortunately, I was still on pacific time and by the time I got there they’d stopped serving breakfast so I got a couple doughnuts instead. The crème brule doughnut was delicious!
As I walked by the White House there was a lot of security and some of the roads were closed. I stopped to watch, as it seemed like the thing to do. Then after a few minutes a long line of black SUV’s and vans drove out of the White House entrance with their sirens sounded. I did a little Google search and learned that was the President heading to the airport. Kinda cool, right?
I sat down on a bench across from the National Monument to eat my doughnuts and a woman sat next to me talking into her headphones, “looks like he just got on a path around the monument”… moments later she says, “got it!” and immediately stands up and crosses the street against traffic in stealthy-like pursuit. It took some restraint not to follow her, following him. I’m convinced she was an official undercover agent.
I was looking forward to visiting the Holocaust Museumand spent hours there. The museum is incredibly well done and very informative.
At the end of the Holocaust displays visitors share their impressions and answer various questions or prompts. The answers were fascinating.
Next up was the Museum of Natural History
I had to take a picture of the hippo
Then the National Air and Space Museum
And lastly the National Portrait Gallery
I was surprised to see a portrait of Joseph Smith hanging in the gallery
Justin had a work dinner tonight so I was on my own. I ventured to Taco Bamba since it was on my recommended DC eating list. It was great.
Another full day. I saw evidence of the amazing advancements we have made in this remarkable world as well as the harrowing acts that make up our history. Such a stark contrast of the use power, intellect and abilities.


















No comments:
Post a Comment