Friday, January 3, 2020

Washington DC {Day 4} – Arlington Cemetery & the Museum of African American History and Culture

I spent hours this morning walking around Arlington National Cemetery. Pictures don’t do it justice and I took a lot.  Such a solemn, peaceful place.  I really enjoyed walking around and spent much longer than I thought wandering through the quiet streets.


Justin finished his conference early in the afternoon and headed to the Museum of African American History and Culture.  I was about 30 minutes behind him coming from Arlington and so while we were both at the African Museum during much of the afternoon we saw it completely separately.  Again, that works out just fine as we get to experience it just as we’d each like to.  The African American History Museum is phenomenal. I pretty much closed the place down. I only took a few pictures in the museum and most are related to sports and entertainment, which seem so insignificant that I’ll just advise you to go and see it all for yourself. 


I met up with Justin for dinner at Ted’s Bulletin – where the homemade poptart the highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment