On our last day in the city we decided to take the ferry to the Statue of Liberty. I wasn’t too excited. I thought that seeing it from Manhattan was good enough. I was wrong. I am so glad we took the time to go over. Seeing it up close definitely gives you the proper perspective.
It’s a good thing we came home when we did. The following day hundreds of flights from NYC were delayed and/or cancelled. The kids had a great time with Grandma Fletcher while we are gone and we’re so grateful she was willing to spend that time with them.
3 comments:
It looks like you had a great trip, Holly! I'm so glad you even had a couple of days to yourself- always important! I'm sure it filled you up with enough good memories to last through this wintry weather we're having...
Sounds like a fun trip! I have never been out to the Statue of Liberty, it looks like I might have to make it out there someday. I wish they still let people go up inside, that would be FUN! Glad you had fun.
Great posts Holly! The toy soliders falling down in the RCMHCS was one of our favorite parts of the show. It's great that you got some snapshots. I'm surprised you didn't get a picture of the camel! I didn't think to take any pictures. You guys really did a lot! Makes me want to do some more touristy things downtown!
Post a Comment