Sunday, March 29, 2015

March 28 [nonstop]

Another typically busy Saturday yesterday.  I had to wake up at 5:15am in order to fit in a 13 mile run before the craziness of the day began.  Yes, I said THIRTEEN miles! (13.3 to be exact)  The last few miles were PAINful, but I can be pretty driven when it comes to accomplishing goals so I pushed through it.

There was no time to rest when I got home as both Jason and Carly had games they needed to get to (baseball and lacrosse). 

We pulled them early from their games so we could make it down to Kent in time for their cousin Hannah’s baptism.  Hannah asked Abigail to play the piano for the musical numbers and while she changed into dry clothing after the baptism.   Abigail played the same arrangement she played at Carly’s baptism three years ago.  She was a little rusty, but she did a great job.  Oh, how I miss hearing the girls play the piano.  I’m even more determined to find a way to get them back into lessons ASAP.

After lunch at the Baumgartner’s, Abigail had a return she needed to make at Kohl’s.  Spending the $20 store credit took her nearly two hours.  Yes, I said TWO excruciating hours!  


She finally decided on a cute sweatshirt (which I’m looking forward to borrowing), yoga pants, and a shirt.

We pulled into our driveway with just enough time for me to take some ibuprofen for my throbbing knees and then the girls and I were off to the stake center for the General Women’s Conference.  The messages on family were great and inspiring, but oh, how my body ached and longed to just crawl into bed and zonk out.  However, the girls associate attending this conference as a bi-annual GNO (girl’s night out) and so we did some shopping at Old Navy, ran a few errands, and ate a late dinner at Dickey’s BBQ before FINALLY heading home.

Needless to say it was pretty much straight to bed for me and I stayed there until 9:45am this morning – getting up with just enough time to get ready for our 11am church.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Which two hours were more painful, the two hours of running, or the two hours of shopping? ;-)

(I still can't believe that Holly Hipwell Fletcher is getting up at 5:15 AM to RUN and nothing is even chasing her. Attagirl!!)

Post a Comment