Friday, December 1, 2017

August Wrap-Up

Lunch Dates (Aug 3) – We all really look forward to our summer lunch dates.  Today Katie and I hit Dickies BBQ


Pretty sure she only wanted Dickies for the free ice-cream cones.


The Great Eclipse (Aug 21) – Abigail and I were just walking out of her appointment with her surgeon when the eclipse was starting.  We were able to get home just in time to get the kiddos outside to check it out.  It was cool but from what I hear totality was amazing.


Rock Climbing (Aug 22) – Carly was invited to go rock climbing with Chloe who’d won the experience at their personal progress event in the spring.  Apparently Carly is a natural – go figure, what sport can’t that girl do?


Bye-Bye Braces – again! (Aug 22) – Thankfully not all of Abigail’s braces were sticking around.  She was glad to get her braces off before school started.  Much improved from the first time around. 


Outdoor Movies (Aug 24) – While I was at a RS activity, Justin took the kids to the community outdoor movie night to watch Wizard of Oz.


Harry Potter Readers (Aug 25) – As I mentioned we listened to the first two audio books of Harry Potter while on our road trip and started the third.  Jason had read a couple of the books previously, but listening to them sure sparked that boy’s interest.  When we got home he dived into the series and couldn’t put them down. I think he’s reread them again since August.  I love seeing my kids enjoying a good book(s) and it’s such a great example to the rest of the kids.


(You can tell we still hadn’t put the furniture back in the family room by the echo)

Back to School Haircuts (Aug 29) – With our trip, the busyness of summer and Abigail’s surgery we didn’t get around to doing any back to school shopping besides the school supplies we picked up in Oregon.  No new clothes, shoes, backpacks, etc…  Twas the night before school started and we had some kids in need of back to school haircuts.  Justin took care of the boys’ and at Abigail’s request I chopped over 6 inches off her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment