Oct
1: General
Conference weekend consists of homemade cinnamon rolls, conference bingo and
hours of conference watching in our PJs (or just underwear in Drew’s
case).
Oct
3:
Justin hiked Poo Poo Point before work with Darin
Oct 6: Justin texted me this afternoon and said our friend Benjamin had a ticket to Imagine Dragons up for grabs and wanted to know if Justin could go with him that night. Funny how Justin was smack dab in the middle of busy season, working late, working weekends, but a concert pops up and suddenly he was wide open. I’m just jealous – I’m sure it was an awesome concert and I’m glad he was able to go.
Oct 7: Jason went to a busy-season-family-work-breakfast with Justin this morning and then he got to hang out with Justin at work until his soccer game. Jason loved it.
Oct
9: The
wildlife sure have come out this year.
Back in September we spotted a bobcat near our house and today there was
a coyote roaming around. There
were a few weeks where this particular coyote was making regular appearances
around the neighborhood, but he seemed pretty harmless. However, just recently (early December)
a coyote attacked a three year old in the neighborhood across the parkway. Nothing serious, just some scratches,
but still quite unnerving.
Being the youngest means Drew gets dragged around to all of the older kids events. Actually, he probably gets dragged around less than Jason did at that age. Now that I have older kiddos Drew often gets to hang back home if the girls are home. He likes to flip through the pictures and videos on my phone to pass the time during sporting events. Dang I adore this little face!
Oct 11: Abigail was inducted into the National Honor Society tonight. I couldn’t go as it was Katie’s last soccer game of the season with an end of the season party (Justin was busy, busy at work). Thankfully, Megan’s mom is always so great about sending me cute pictures of our girls. BFFs and practically twins since third grade.
Oct 13: Just some fun Halloween cupcakes Drew and I whipped up for an after school treat.
Justin’s got a phone call this evening from his Dad informing him that his Mom had a stroke today. Justin left immediately to the hospital. We didn’t know what to expect during those first few days. Thankfully after about a week in the hospital and a few weeks at a rehabilitation center Linda was able to return home and continue her recovery there. Justin took the kids down to the hospital to visit her while I was in California.
(Oct 22)
She has improved so much since then. She still has some memory issues and
can’t always find the right word she’s looking for, but we’re so grateful she’s
been able to regain so much.
Oct
15: I
asked Justin to take this picture on the sly because sometimes its seems we
can’t work on anything together without someone being unpleasant. Today we were just peacefully working
together to assemble oatmeal packets and it made me so happy. Sometimes it’s just the simple things.
Oct 18: Jason had a state float to complete this quarter and he chose to showcase Hawaii. He did a good job coming up with the various elements on his own and I helped him pull it together. He featured a volcano, a surfer, a waterfall, trees, animals, flowers, butterflies, and other Hawaii specific photos. Great job Jason!
Oct 18: Jason had a state float to complete this quarter and he chose to showcase Hawaii. He did a good job coming up with the various elements on his own and I helped him pull it together. He featured a volcano, a surfer, a waterfall, trees, animals, flowers, butterflies, and other Hawaii specific photos. Great job Jason!
Oct 25: Did I mention the lovely, unseasonably dry fall we’ve had?
Oct 27: Drew was very, very excited about Halloween. We have a countdown pillow and he was checking it daily to see how many days until Halloween. He even started to putting on his costume just around the house as the days lead up to the big day. I found Mickey today playing the Wii.
Oct 28: Another fall hike for Justin. This time to Twin Falls.
Oct 30: Proof that sometimes I do play with my kiddos.



















No comments:
Post a Comment