Saturday, December 30, 2017

Holiday Performances

Tis the season for concerts and enjoying the musical talents of our kiddos. 

First up was Carly’s performance at the Fall City Holiday Market on Saturday, December 2.  She signed up to play a few pieces with two of her friends.  They wore festive attire and did a great job.  Carly played both the clarinet and the piano (though not at the same time).


Abigail and Megan came to support their little sisters (or just to hang out with each other)





The following Monday, December 4, Jason’s school choir performed at Winterfest at the Seattle Center.  My friend Addy also has a son in choir so we decided we’d get sitters for our littles and that instead of chaperoning (like I did last year) we’d skip riding the bus with a bunch of excited fourth and fifth graders and instead drive into Seattle on our own.  We got there before the kids and enjoyed a warm drink at Starbucks.

The choir sang several songs.  Midway through Jason disappeared from the top of risers, then after a few minutes he’d reemerge.  Last year he had an experience during a performance at the school where he got really dizzy and needed to sit down on the risers.  I knew he must have been having the same unfortunate experience today.  It was a little humorous to have him there one minute and not the next.  He must have sat down at least 4 times during the performances.


I was a bit concerned because he was supposed to play the drums during one of the songs.  Thankfully, he was good to go when that time came.


Here’s a clip of some of the songs they performed.  You can even catch Jason going down during one of them.


The kids got to eat lunch and hang out in the armory afterward.  Jason enjoyed a game of checkers with a buddy.


Addy and I ate lunch after the kids left on the buses and then did a little shopping downtown before heading home.

Abigail played a Sacrament Musical Number on December 17.  Our deal with her stopping piano lessons was that she’d need to play in sacrament meeting at least twice a year.  She did a beautiful job.  I recorded it on the sly, just because I know she’ll never play it for me at home to record. 


Jason had an early morning Band Concert on December 19 – I didn’t sit in the best spot for having a good view of Jason playing his clarinet – he’s front row, far left.  Here are a few little clips of some of the songs they played.  I particularly liked the first song, which they played backwards – ha!


Great job Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment