Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Last First Day of Preschool

When I was pregnant with Drew we spotted a new family in church one Sunday – turns out they were moving from Idaho in a few months and were only in town for the weekend to check out the house they were building in the neighborhood.  We asked them to come over for dinner that very day.  As we talked Natalie expressed that she’d been running an in-home preschool in Idaho and wasn’t sure if she’d do the same here.  I told her there weren’t many (any) affordable options for preschool in the area and that we’d be the first to sign up if she decided to teach here.  Thankfully, she did and Katie was the first Fletcher to attend Mrs. Hammer’s preschool.  Now it was Drew’s turn.


Drew came home proud to show me his first little craft project.


I adore this kid!


And since we’re now already months into the school year I might as well share a few other fun preschool pictures thus far (most from his teacher).

snacktime! 
   
Hat day! 
   
Drew’s turn to be the VIP 
   

Drew goes to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30-12pm.  Another kiddo in his class is also the youngest of his family so I approached his Mom to see if she’d want to do an after school swap – one day I bring Grey home and she gets the full day sans any kiddos and vice versa.  It’s been great to have one day a week to get done things that are harder with Drew and Drew loves having a playmate twice a week.  Win, Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment