Even though it’s only been three weeks I already can’t remember the details of Christmas break. So sadly unless there’s a picture it likely won’t be documented.
A Christmas Eve first this year was playing tennis in the afternoon – it was a beautiful dry day and Justin, Carly, Jason and I took advantage of the opportunity to get on the courts.
I spent a good portion of the day in the kitchen. I finally made my first regular loaves of kamut bread to accompany the gnocchi soup we would be eating for dinner. I’ve made the sourdough several times – both are great.
We also made our traditional sugar cookies; however, neither Drew nor Katie remembered to put any out for Santa. I’m pretty confident Santa helped himself though cause there were definitely less cookies left in the morning.
And then before bed we reenacted the nativity. Abigail insisted on keeping her role of both the sheep and the angel. Jason was our shepherd, Carly enthusiastically embraced the role of Mary [ha], Drew was Joseph and Katie a wise man. I was told that I was the floating role and played the donkey, a shepherd and a wise man while Justin read the story. In truth it was a pretty rusty performance all around.
![]() |
| Perhaps a little sacrilegious to have a gnome as baby Jesus? But we’ve gotten rid of all our baby dolls. |
![]() |
| Joseph riding the sheep? |










1 comment:
Haha. We finally gave up on renacting the Nativity Story due to the eye rolling and irreverence of tween/teens. Oh, to have little kids again! Looks like a great holiday at the Fletchers.
Post a Comment